Prettau® Zirconia Implant Bridge – Poughkeepsie, NY
Realistic Restorations That Rebuild Smiles
These days, technology is changing and improving on a nearly constant basis, and at Hudson Valley Dental Arts, we’re keeping up with advancements in the dentistry field and bringing them to you for high quality results that last. As the gold standard for replacing missing teeth, dental implants are the closest man-made alternative to your natural teeth and are extremely durable. However, common implant-retained bridges are made from metal and porcelain and require several separate pieces, including the post, abutment, and bridge itself. Completing treatment takes several months and several separate appointments. That’s why our team offers revolutionary Prettau zirconia implant bridges.
What are Prettau zirconia implant bridges?
Unlike traditional titanium implant-retained bridges, Prettau zirconia bridges consist of just one complete piece, much like a natural tooth. Zirconia is made from a material that contains both metallic and non-metallic atoms, yet it has a color that is not typically characteristic of metal—basically, zirconia bridges are white instead of silver.
In terms of strength, durability, longevity, appearance, and patient comfort, no other restoration material matches zirconia, including porcelain. In fact, zirconia is the strongest dental material available in dentistry today.
What are the benefits of Prettau zirconia implant bridges?
In many ways, zirconia and titanium implant bridges are very similar. They are equally strong and last for a long time. However, zirconia bridges provide certain advantages, including the following:
- Zirconia is safe for those who have high metal sensitivity.
- Gray can show through the gums with some titanium implant bridges, whereas the white zirconia bridge looks like natural enamel.
- In titanium implant bridges, bacteria can potentially find a way between the post and abutment, which can lead to odors or complications, but zirconia implant bridges do not have this problem with their one-piece design.
What is the process for getting Prettau zirconia implant bridges?
The first step toward replacing your teeth with a zirconia implant bridge is scheduling a consultation with Dr. Tischler at our Poughkeepsie office. He can examine your mouth and see if you’re a good candidate for this procedure. If you are, then the process goes as follows:
- We will take impressions of your mouth and send this information to a dental lab.
- The dental technicians will create your custom zirconia implant bridge.
- When the final product is ready, we will surgically place the implant bridge.
- You will need to follow our specific instruction to ensure that you heal properly and that your implants are successful.
Are you ready to have a strong, natural-looking smile again? Contact our team at Hudson Valley Dental Arts to schedule your consultation today!